Are you planning to visit the Caribbean on your next vacation? Perhaps, you just want a list of the fun activities that take places on the Caribbean to help you plan your next vacation.
Located in the Southeast of the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean region consists of the Caribbean Sea, the island, and the North Atlantic Oceans. The people are known for their vibrant cultural festivals, the weekly market which has become a tradition for both locals and visitors, weekly street parties, pristine beaches and luxe resorts.
Most tourist who visits the Caribbean loves to plan their trips around a festival or during other significant events. However, there are so many fun activities that takes place on the Caribbean no matter when you travel.
Some of these fun activities include:
- Hiking through the tropical forest wilderness: If you are interested in catching a glimpse of the stunning view of El Yunque National Forest which is the only tropical rainforest in the United States National Park System, then you must visit the Caribbean. One way to see the forest is by hiking to the top of El Toro peak which is the highest point in the rainforest 3,533ft above sea level.
- Visit the weekly market: Visiting the market is another fun activity that you will enjoy while on vacation in the Carribean. In the Carribean, you will find huge open-air, and covered markets where vendors sell spices, handicrafts, fruits, vegetables amongst others. Visiting the market gives you an opportunity to meet with the locals, interact with them, learns about their culture and get an insight into their lifestyle.
- Night diving under a full moon: One of the most significant tourist activities that take place at the ABC Island is night diving. This is because, in late September, the marine life at Curaçao’s coral reef lays millions of eggs that attract fishes in the Western Hemisphere. This event coincides with the full moon which makes the Caribbean one of the richest location for night diving
- Hike Gros Piton: One of the most iconic sites to visit on the Caribbean is the Pitons at St Lucia which has a unique view that will leave a lasting impression of your vacation. However, to enjoy them, you must forget about your superyacht and take the challenge of climbing up the Gros Piton.
- Visit the Dunns River Falls in Jamaica: World-famous Dunns River Falls and Parks is one of the best beaches to visit while on vacation on the Caribbean. It is one of Jamaica tourist attraction with incredible natural wonders.
- Hike the Waitukubuli National Trail: If you are looking for a challenging activity to take part in during your vacation, then you must try hiking the Waitukubuli National Trail in Dominica. The trail is divided into 14 sections, and you can choose to tackle as much as can while enjoying your vacation.
Finally, the Caribbean is a must-visit for anyone who wants to a fun-filled vacation. The rich cultural lifestyle of the people, the market, festivals, beaches, river falls, evening parties and the hiking activities amongst others are fun activities things that will leave you with a lasting impression.