If you love sailing on Carnival Cruise Line, you now have the opportunity to buy one of the cruise ships that sailed in their fleet. A former Carnival cruise ship, Holiday, is still for sale on QPS Marine Ships for a mere $55,000,000.
The 1,452 passenger cruise ship was built by Carnival as the first Holiday class ship. The 46,052 gross ton ship, considered small by today’s standards, went into service in 1985 and was named Holiday. The cruise ship remained with Carnival Cruise Line for 24 years until 2009 when the ship was transferred to sister line Iberocruceros. After a five year stint with Ibero, the vessel was bought by Cruise & Maritime Voyages and now sails under the name MS Magellan.
The cruise ship has the following features:
- Americana Lounge: 900 maximum guests reception, 725 maximum guests theater, 200 maximum guests modified classroom
- Doc Holiday’s: 350 maximum guests Theater, 150 maximum guests modified classroom
- Reflections Dance Club: 400 Reception, 150 Theater, 50 modified classroom
- Lounge: 110 maximum guests Reception, 60 maximum guests theater
- Piano Bar: 60 maximum guests Reception, 30 maximum guests theater
- Library: 15 maximum guests board meeting
- Wharf Bar & Grill: 300 maximum guests reception
- Four Winds Dining Room: 414 maximum guests
- Seven Seas Dining Room: 480 maximum guests
The cruise ship was used to house victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 . The vessel was also used as a hotel for the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia in 2014.